meshprog failure on Fedora 13/14
While using meshprog on recent distributions of Fedora (13 or 14), I found two issues:
1. One issue is related to gpsd daemon trying to grab the device based on USB-UART converter (e.g. FT232 or cp210x). This is discussed in my earlier post at
2. Second issue is related to blocking read used in meshprog code. I found that by making the USB device read non-blocking, it starts to work fine. I am not sure if this is the right way to do it. Here are the specific details:
Go near line 115 in meshprog.c file and change the line to open USB device in non-blocking mode:
// f = open(devicename,O_RDWR);
f = open(devicename,O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK);
After recompilation, it seems to work fine. I have informed the author of the code.